Bohemian twin sisters, Macedo | Paper Doll album release show
If you’re in Los Angeles on November 8, 2013, join the party at the Hotel Cafe (1623 1/2 N. Cahuenga Blvd.). Doors open at 8 p.m., concert starts at 9. Get your 10.00 ticket(s). What party? The MACEDO album release party…read on…
MACEDO are identical Bohemian twin songstresses. Music can be described as soulful pop of “Adele plus poetic lyrics of Fiona Apple; echoes of Billie Holliday & Joni Mitchell with the complexity and grace of Regina Spektor”. Their EP is entitled “Paper Doll”. singer/songwriters Michelle & Melissa Macedo make up Macedo.
The EP includes 6 completely original tracks with mythical elements infused in each track including the toy piano which has become the trademark logo for the album. The twins worked with Producer & engineer MJ Denton. The EP was mixed by Keith Sterling & Neil Citron and mastered by Keith Sterling (Victory Recorders).
Michelle and Melissa have previous success and experience:
- featured artists for world-renowned brands such as PANTENE PRO-V and SUPERCUTS’ ROCK THE CUT.
- named one of the city’s most popular artists by Deli Magazine
- honored at the Malibu Music Awards
- songs have been broadcast on many radio stations (including Los Angeles Star 98.7) on Delta Airlines and Pandora.
- had a previous album which received much praise
- played all over the country on ‘Flags & Boxes’ tour, including performance at SXSW festival
- compared to artists such as Feist for her soul, Norah Jones for their earthy tones and Joni Mitchell for their stunning lyrics.
PAPER DOLL showcases Michelle’s grand piano and Melissa’s violin talents plus harmonious vocals from the two. They offer an instrumentally rich and unique sound. Every instrument adds a layer of texture to the soothing vocals blends that Michelle and Melissa provide. Specializing in the harmonies, the duo was able to work as a conducive creative team.
Song Writer Hall of Fame Inductee (2008) Matraca Berg who said…
“Such a warm and unique voice! A little post modern Billie Holiday with a hint of Joni Mitchell. The tracks are tasty but lean and they give her just the right amount of space to let that shine through…”
And Maria Menounos (Extra, Today Show) stated MACEDO is her…
“Favorite Band in L.A.”